To get the kids well and truly excited about xmas I want to get them making lots of pretty and yummy stuff in the weeks before so the novelty doesn’t wear off too soon. On Xmas eve the kids will be making some biscuits for their friends and family and some special ones for Santa.
This is my tried and tested recipe for basic biscuits that can be added to and cut out and decorated to many different shapes
- 190g / 6½oz of plain flour
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 115g / 4oz of unsalted butter
- 100g / 3½ oz of caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- Pre-heat oven to Gas mark 4/160°C/350°F
- Into a bolw sift together the flour, baking powder and salt
- in a seperate bowl beat the sugar and butter together until smooth
- add the egg and vanilla essence into the sugar and butter
- add the mixture to the dry ingredients
- mix the dough together with hands
- divide the dough into two, wrap each in cling film and chill in the fridge until really firm
- roll out and cut into festive shapes and decorate.
We have been busy scouring the internet to find some inspirational makes for the family and here are some of our favourites for xmas biscuits
and lastly something totally amazing I never knew and will be doing this year……….
Hope you and the kids have fun if you have time to bake with them this xmas